Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome to Dynamic Korea!

So, I am now writing this email in the Incheon airport's "The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf" situated right across from the perkiest Dunkin' Donuts I've ever laid eyes on. They have a bunch of teeny-bopper celebs on the cork board and I am sipping on a blueberry/pomegranate tea which is quite lovely.

My next move? Who knows? It's anybody's guess. I have about 4 hours to chill before I can board a bus because one of my very best friends, Ali, won't be able to get me until around 7 pm. We went to OCOM together and did a short shared-living stint during my second year. She now teaches in Daegu, South Korea at the Ding Dang Dong School. Or is it Dang Dong Ding School? Shoots. Anyway, now I have the choice of blogging/reading, sauna/shower, or napping/resting.

You see, voted the best airport in the world in 2009, Incheon is very intuitive and luxurious. Yet, on the practical end, the information desk has proven quite helpful. My 2-hour flight on Asiana Air was very smooth, quite pleasant really.* I fell asleep a few times, the last of which I woke up to see a sticker on the back of the seat in front of me that said, "did you have a nice rest? let us know when you would like to eat." It was the sweetest thing.

I'll keep you posted on the rest of my adventure in the Best Airport in the World!** Lord knows I have time...and access! Sweet, sweet access!

*I did have to pay a large sum to load my second checked-luggage (all 10 kg of it). Not too happy about that but what can you do?
**Photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment